On January 5, 2019, the Head of the Republic of Uzbekistan signed a decree "On additional measures to accelerate the development of tourism in the Republic of Uzbekistan".
Shavkat Mirziyoev has approved a new category of visas. In total, there are five new visa types for different purposes:
- Vatandosh (visa for 2 years for persons born in Uzbekistan, as well as for their relatives)
- Student visa (one-year visa for students studying in educational institutions in Uzbekistan)
- Academic visa (visa from 3 months to 2 years for foreign citizens whose purpose is to carry out scientific research and academic teaching in Uzbekistan)
- Medical visa (visa is issued for a period of not more than 3 months to obtain medical services in Uzbekistan)
- Pilgrim visa (a visa issued for 2 months to make a pilgrimage)
Note that these visas will not be included in the category of e-visas.
Related article: Visa regimes in Uzbekistan
Within a month, measures will be taken to introduce these new visas.
The refusal of a visa can be granted for those who were denied to enter Uzbekistan.